Phirni is a classic North Indian sweet dish/pudding made with rice & milk, a must have on festivals like Diwali, Karwa Chauth, Ramadan etc. It is always served chilled.
If you like the recipe & dish please share our video, subscribe to our channel and press the bell icon to remain updated on all new recipe video uploads. Thanks!
1/4 cup/50 grams rice
500 ml full fat milk
4 tbsp/50-60 grams sugar
2 tbsp gulkand
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp rose water
15-20 fresh rose leaves for garnishing
1. soak the rice in water for 1 hour & then grind tp a coarse paste. add a tsp or two only if needed to help grinding
2. in a pan add the milk. heat on medium.
3. when is a little hot add the ground rice & sugar. keep heat on low & keep stirring constantly
4. after 5-6 minutes add the gulkand, cardamom powder & rose water & cook till the phirni turns thick & rice is cooked
5. pour the phirni in earthen shikoras/glass bowls & garnish with a few rose petals. allow to cool completely
6. chill the phirni in the fridge for a few hours & serve chilled
Phirni Recipe | Rose Phirni Recipe | Indian Festival Recipes | Ramadan Special Firni Recipe