Anjeer Ki Kheer/Dried Figs Rice Pudding from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Dried figs/anjeer: 10 – 11 (100 grams)
Full fat milk/balai wala doodh: 1 litre + 250 ml (for soaking figs) + 1/2 cup (for blending with khoya/mawa)
Khoya/khowa/mawa: 100 grams
Rice/chawal: 2 tablespoons
Sugar/shakar: 150 grams
Cardamom powder/elaichi powder: 1 teaspoon
Saffron /zaafran: few sticks
1. Soak dried figs in 250 ml milk for about 5 to 6 hours or soak overnight.
2. Soak rice in 1/2 cup of water for about half an hour.
3. Add 1/2 cup of milk to 100 grams khowa , break the lumps and
leave this for about 10 minutes.
4. Grind figs along with the milk used for soaking. Grind into a fine paste.
5. Grind soaked rice using some water into a fine paste (grind rice either with the figs or together with the soaked khowa for easy grinding).
6. Boil 1 litre full fat milk while stirring at times till its raw smell goes off.
7. Mix the rice paste again and add to boiling milk while stirring continuously to prevent formation of lumps.
8. Add ground paste of figs and stir well.
9. Add milk and khowa mix. The remaining lumps will break gradually in the hot milk.
10. Add cardamom or elaichi powder, sugar and few saffron sticks.
11. Cook for about 10 minutes till the raw smell of sugar disappears.
12. Allow the kheer to cool. Once cooled this kheer or fig rice pudding will attain a thick consistency.
13. Refrigerate this kheer to serve chilled.
14. Dish out and garnish with small pieces of dried figs.
You can watch Kaddu ki Kheer in English on this link: https://youtu.be/yerfOGr85-o
Kaddu Ki Kheer in Hindi/Urdu: https://youtu.be/qn-eyaxtOnQ
Aam ki Kheer/Mango Kheer: https://youtu.be/sNRGZK4P6BQ
Anjeer Ki Kheer – How to Cook Fig Rice Pudding – Hyderabadwala Recipes